Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Short and I Intend to Stay that Way

So, I went looking for some new jeans today and, as you know, I'm quite short. {Thanks to the parental genes}I often have a hard time finding pants short enough for me. The {oh, so helpful sales associate} told me, after looking at a stack of folded jeans with the inseams of 31
inches {which are still too long for me}, "They don't make 'em that short. You might have to go to a SHORT AND WIDE store."

Ouch!

I guess I need to start living by the motto {A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!}

5 comments:

granny said...

LOL, you are NOT wide! Seriously, what was she smokin'? Maybe they have just *short* at that store that cannot be named.

Unknown said...

The wide part is definately not going to work for you. I guess it's too bad they don't have a short and skinny store. At least you can always have the long ones hemmed, huh? I'm trying to figure out a way to get my pants to grow 2 inches.

Jamie Jo said...

I sorta run into the same problem, but on the other side of the vertical spectrum. I have nearly gone to a "Big and Tall" store just to see if they had something long enough, but the "Big" part of the name scared me off. We should make a store for people with normal waists and short/long legs!

angiedunn said...

wide...that is the most ridic thing i've ever heard. you = the opposite of wide.

being short rocks. i totally hear ya on the pantage being hemmed sitch.

Holly said...

Ok so here's the scoop.

A. Amy Redd is not wide
and
B. Being short is the coolest thing ever

i like to say.. i'm not short. just space-efficient. so i think that because we are short we should have to pay LESS for jeans because we use up less fabric length-wise. brilliant i tell you!!!