Sunday, September 7, 2008

Come Once, Date Thrice

Last night I attended "Come Once, Date Thrice" {an ultimate speed dating experience}.

I got picked up by my first date and we went to the church and ate salad. He is a professional surgery-getter. He has had 13 surgeries on his leg in the last 3 years due to a motorcycle crash. He was popping a wheely around a corner and gravity won! Ouch!

We ate dinner with our second date. My date recently got back from teaching English in China so he brought some chop sticks...so we ate spaghetti with chopsticks. Pretty creative. He's definitely a cute 22 year old Mormon boy {Peter Priesthood style}.

We had dessert witht the third date. After the date, he took me home and he had some yellow roses {conveniently} sitting in the front seat. He told me he got them for his grandma's grave for the next day, but that she woudn't mind as he handed me a rose {a yellow one aka the universal "friendship" rose}.

Even thought I didn't meet my {soul mate} and won't be married in 6 weeks as promised, it was a fun night and a good way to get to know more people in the ward. The funniest part was that throughout the night they kept telling the boys what to do like "you're going to find your date, introduce yourself, ask her if she'd like a brownie and ice cream, just a brownie, or just ice cream and then your gonna get her that item..." It's like they were trying to educate them. I think i got gyped though 'cuz they told them that they were "going to take us home, walk us up to the porch, give us a hug and a kiss." {Neither of which happened}.

It was fun being a player. Now if only I could get my own three dates all in one day!

Good night!

2 comments:

rachbechep said...

these boys sound very {cute}.
:)
were you a little creeped out when one of them handed you a rose alreday?!?! i guess that's better than handing you a scripture passage. :) something about eternal marriage or something...

granny said...

Sounds fun...a yellow rose is a nice gesture. Better than a hug and kiss, actually, on the first date eh? :)