Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camping

This weekend I went {roughing it} in the woods.
We escaped the heat and cacti
and went up to the mountains
outside of Payson, Arizona A view looking out over the rim.
Forest, Gooch, Nate, and Katie playing hearts.

Stacey, Chad, Lisa and I played a rip roaring game of cribbage.
We bet that that winners would get homemade cookies from the losers.
Chad and I won...
by a landslide
aka we {skunked} 'em.
So the wager turned into cookies and ice cream.
Stacey and Lisa are providing the pizookies tonight...
and now the whole ward gets to enjoy the fruits of Chad and I winning :)


Katie pointing out the tin foil dinners.
They were pretty much amazing.



Nate, Katie, and Gooch




Lisa, Chad, and Lisa kicking back at the camp fire





Katie and Forest sporting their head lamps.
Lisa and I slept under the stars. We had the best star lit sky...ever.
We also spent some time at Knoll Lake.

2 comments:

joyous said...

What fun camping trip!!! It's definitely on the agenda for next summer. :)

Malesa said...

Oh that looks fun. I was just telling Phillip the other day that we should go camping. I want to sleep under a starry sky.