Sunday, June 22, 2008

Arizona Identity

I've given up my Californian Identity in every sense of the word. It's a sad realization, but my move has been great all around.

Here's some of the ways that I've gained my Arizona Identity...

  • I have a house in the AZ.
  • I have an Arizonan driver's license.
  • I have (480) phone numbers.
  • I run my air conditioning 24/7.
  • I turned down the opportunity to serve jury duty in Orange County.
  • I drive an AZ registerd vehicle.
  • Funny story: This week I got a notice from the MVD that I had a "potential out-of of state registration problem." Come to find out because I have an Arizona driver's license and I don't have a vehicle registered here I was red flagged!
  • It no longer takes me 45 minutes to go 11 miles to work, I now go 10 miles in 15-20 minutes!
  • I'm no longer 20 miles to the beach! :(

5 comments:

rachbechep said...

can i just tell you i'm a bit annoyed with the state of idaho? they wouldn't let me keep my california license...i threw a fit. haha.

Mark Dixon said...

Welcome to AZ - officially!

runningfan said...

If you have to surrender, Arizona is a good place to do it! If I had stayed, my original driver license still wouldn't be expired! Garry and I will have to give up our Oregon identity eventually, and I admit I'm kinda sad.

granny said...

You are so on the ball to have that all accomplished. Go Amy.

The Bells said...

Hey Amy! How are you doing. Looks like everything is going well. Congratulations on the house. I hope to get one someday. I am so glad you emailed me your blog. You can check my blog out at ericplusangela.blogspot.com
It is so great to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Your old roomie,
Angela