Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Five years ago today
{April 1}
I received a call
I'll never forget.
A call from
my mission president.
At first it was chit chat,
but then
it turned serious
something along these lines
Sister Redd,
We appreciate your service.
Mission well done.
Remember how you
extended
your time here?
Well, you've extended
it TOO LONG.
You'll be going home
mid transfer.
Policy let's sisters serve
for "x" number of days
and you're at "x" minus 16 days.
If you stay until May
like we originally planned
you'll be at "x" plus too many!

I didn't want to believe him.
I was shocked,
disappointed.

I thought for a moment that
it was an
April Fool's Joke,
but I knew it wasn't.
Don't get me wrong.
I was excited to go home
and see my fam.
But I had to make a major
change in my mind set.
I didn't want my mission
to end...
I guess I was in denial.

Five years!
It's been almost 5 years
since I've been "home."
But a piece of my heart
is still in Texas.

2 comments:

granny said...

Wow, time flies. You were a rockin' missionary...they were so lucky to have you.

mtduckgirl said...

Amen and amen!!