Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hiking the Superstitions

Saturday a few of us hiked the to the summit of the Supersition Mountains.
It was a pretty intense hike, but well worth it!
It was straight up pretty much the whole way...
no hike for an amateur! :)
Round trip I think was more than 6.5 miles!
Here I am at the very top with a 360-degree view that was awesome! It couldn't have been a better day!
Me and my amiga Katie.

The group: Katie, Steve, Garrett, Cara, and me

From the summit looking down toward Flat Iron

We were pretty pooped at the end!

7 comments:

Keri said...

FUN!!!

runningfan said...

Excellent! Way to find a pretty place in the desert!

The Wizzle said...

Awesome! I love the Superstitions, I wish I could live out closer to them. But David's commute is looooooooong enough, thanks anyway.

Shawni said...

So awesome...I need to go hiking soon, its been really cold here though. Looks like you are having fun, it was good to run into you a few weeks ago!

mtduckgirl said...

Hey Chiquita,
What gorgeous pictures. It looks like a great hike.

granny said...

Ooh, go you. What a great thing to do. My boys (scouts) are very familiar with those trails, but alas, I am not. :)

joyous said...

You go girl!! That is impressive hiking. You look great, by the way. I'm glad you had a fun Christmas with your family. ;)