Sunday, November 9, 2008

Palin-ing It at the Shooting Range

once upon a time
{friday morning to exact},
on a much needed day off,
i went with my friend tom
who only has to work 3 days a week
{can i just say i'm jealous?}
to the outdoor shooting range.

good times were had by us all.

i shot a very large
20 gage
{i think that's what is was}
and some other large gun.
as you can tell,
i don't know a darned thing
about guns.
but that doesn't mean that i didn't have fun
and that i didn't hit any of the clay pigeons.

i've only shot guns one other time
and they were small pistols.
this time the guns were just as tall as
i am.
i'm defintitely an amateur
and i'm such a GIRL!

long story short,
my right arm and the large gun
didn't get along so well.

the kick back hit my arm and i have a
HUGE
very icky looking
bruise.

apparently, i needed a little more instruction
on how to hold the gun,
but if truth be told
i think my instructor
{i won't mention any name}
was a little
DISTRACTED!
:)

though my arm wasn't and isn't
very HAPPY!
it made my heart very happy.
and now i have an
awesome battle wound.

i still catch myself looking down
and being surprised that there's
a {large grape juice stain} on my arm
or i catch a glimpse in the mirror
and get a little queasy...
now it looks worse than it feels, but...

Pow! Pow!

Bang! Bang!

I promise to post the pics of the aftermath!

5 comments:

runningfan said...

Can you also post pictures of the instructor?

granny said...

Fun days...I'm glad you got a day off! It is, indeed, an ouchy looking wound.

Holly said...

oh yes :( very sad. i feel ya, girl. i got a black eye the other day while playing basketball.. My friends aerodynamics while shooting a basket were terrible :)

joyous said...

Woot!! Woot!! Now that's a bruise worth tellin' about. :)

rachbechep said...

:)
please. post some pics why don't ya?!