Monday, August 25, 2008

Joys of Being a Homeowner

My first {joy} of being a homeowner...REPAIRS!

Last week I was putting some stuff away in the laundry room and I came upon a not so happy sight! The closet was being inundated by mold. Yuck! Who woulda thought? The house isn't all that OLD! The area by the water heater on the other side of the wall was completely dry. The ceiling was dry...the leak HAD to be coming from inside the wall!

I contacted the home builder and they came to the rescue. Come to find out, when they put in the shelf one of the nails pierced the pipe and slowly, but surely the pipe leaked leaving perfect conditions for mold! Lucky for me the home builder stepped up to the plate and the repairs didn't come out of my pocket book! Whew!

So glad I found it when I did!

3 comments:

granny said...

Sorry about that, but it sounds like it could have been worse! Hope you are done with repairs for a while!

runningfan said...

Ooooh...we've had mold drama, too. So glad you didn't have to pay for it!

Koreena said...

I'm so glad they paid for their mistake. Good thing you found it when you did!