Monday, August 11, 2008

I believe in Angels

Around noon today there was a big, loud bang, bash...the sound of a crash. Oddly, most of us didn't think much of it 'cause there's crashes at that intersection all the time...people driving too fast and no left turn arrow...often not a good combination....This time it was much worse!

Several of my coworkers were on their way to get a burger and were at the corner waiting for the "white man" to flash signaling that it was safe to cross. Well, someone made an unsafe left turn and bam two cars collided. One of the cars lost control, hit a large electrical box and pinned one of my pedestrian coworkers between the car, the electrical box and a bush! She couldn't move. All we could see was her blonde head poking out. The cops and fire department arrived shortly. The paramedics couldn't get her out! They ended up mangling the bush and eventually got her free. They placed her on a stretcher, neck brace and all, and the ambulance took her...we didn't know what her condition was...

She was released a few hours later! Seriously it was a miracle! She's complaining of hip pain and I'm sure she'll be quite sore, but she's ok! No blood! No broken bones! She seriously had to have an angel watching over her! There had to be other angels watching my other coworkers who escaped unscathed! It could have and should have been much worse!

The crazy thing is that about five minutes before the crash, I mentioned to another coworker that I wanted to go to Neds Krazy Subs for lunch, but I decided against it 'cause I, for once, brought my lunch. A restaurant sandwich sounded so much better though! I was so grateful I opted to eat my {not so exciting} lunch instead! I very easily could have been walking over with my coworkers to get lunch! It very easily could have been me! Crazy! {Sigh!/Deep breath!}

We were all quite shaken up, but quite relieved to hear that she has minimal injuries considering!

5 comments:

granny said...

I saw that crash scene when I took my man to the airport today! I couldn't tell what exactly was going on, but it didn't look good at all!!! I'm so glad your co-worker is OK. I seriously thought somebody could have been terribly injured. It was still a mess when I came home. And I'm SOOOO glad you ate in today!

Koreena said...

That's amazing she wasn't hurt any worse than some soreness! I'm glad you weren't there.

Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear about the accident...but man do I miss NED'S CRAZY SUBS!!! I'm just a little bit jealous I'll have you know. We used to order their subs like 2 times a month at work...YUMMY!

Ryanne said...

wow - that's crazy scary. So glad no one got really hurt and aren't you glad you enjoyed your homemade sandwich that afternoon.

Unknown said...

What a blessing!