Sunday, February 10, 2008

Greetings from Rexburg!



Can't go to Idaho without going to the home of the biggest hamburgers ever, Big Judds! 1 lb of beef in each Big Judd! Yikes! I'd like to say that I ate the whole thing, but that would be a lie...and we all know where liars go...

The two love birds...Ratch and Brandon...how sweet! Sickos! Not only did we eat huge hamburgers, but big waffle cones...





Laura Kidd, Ratch, me (the bride and her bridesmaids) at Craigo's Pizza...a popular college hang out. We spent hours upon hours searching for bridesmaid dresses...and eating...
My soon to be married sis and me...




Here we are...eating AGAIN!




We sure carried on the Redd family tradition...eating...and talking about the next meal while still eating...












One of Rachel's lifelong dreams was fulfilled this weekend...that of finding her wedding dress! And one of my lifelong dreams was fulfilled this weekend (not nearly as monumental...), I got to snowmobile in Brandon's parents' front yard! So fun! Remind me again what I'm doing in the hot AZ desert...


Being back in Rexburg brought back a lot of great memories...

I spent 2 years of my life at Ricks College, now BYU-Idaho. Yup! That's right...I went there when it was still Ricks College which will forever date me, but at least I can say that I was in the last graduating class.
Here's a few choice memories...
1. Lotsa snow...slipping on the ice
2. Near death experience...falling on the stairs
3. Roommies
4. Great friends...great times..great memories
5. Hearing all the dating juice...wishing it were me
6. Dial up internet...tied up phone lines...
7. Beautiful sunsets
8. Awesome weekly devotionals...awesome religion classes...my testimony grew so much
9. Making biscuits and Orange Juliuses at midnight...and leaving the mess until the following day
10. Swapping different colors of dorm furniture so we'd have mismatched furniture...
11. Playing Skip-bo hours on end...to avoid the dreaded homework
12. Becoming S-M-R-T...that "smart"


4 comments:

granny said...

That is, without a doubt, the largest hamburger I have ever seen. I'm so happy you have a blog! I loved your comment about planning the next meal while eating...must be related to the Dixon clan!

rachbechep said...

im soooooooo soooooooooo sooooooo happy you came this weekend!
thanks girl!

runningfan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. You're one globetrotting gal! Where are you going this weekend?

Koreena said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I've wondered how you are. I look forward to being able to check up on your life now! You know what's funny? Five years in Rexburg and I never once went to Big Judd's. LOL
Thanks for the reminder of some of the great things of Ricks. I had totally forgotten about the switching furniture thing! Made me smile.