Thursday, September 17, 2009


This morning I woke up at 6:27
to my phone ringing.
I couldn't figure out
who in the world
would call me at 6-something in the a.m.?
I answered.
Much to my surprise...
and my delight.
A special someone
was calling from
the other side of the world
while on a business trip
in Japan!
I wasn't very coherent.
He might as well have been
speaking Japanese.

I wasn't making much sense.
For all I know, I may have been responding
with my limited Japanese vocab
{Honda, sushi, Toyota, teriyaki}
But one thing I do know is that
I want all the world to know that
I got off the phone with
PERMA-GRIN!
What made it even better is
that it wasn't even a dream!

9 comments:

rachbechep said...

presh! :)

Lisa said...

YEAH! I love this- especially your PERMA GRIN!

runningfan said...

Now THAT is a cool wake-up call!

joyous said...

Woot!

granny said...

Go Amy..I think a Sunday dinner is in order.

Kate said...

What a great way to wake up! The question is, could you get back to sleep? :) Glad to hear your happy news! Who is he? Where did you meet?

Stephen said...

Nice. The Best thing about wake up calls: bad breathe is blocked.

Becky said...

Woo hoo! Now dish...

Steve and Connie said...

He looks familiar... Was it the same person in the photo as was in Japan that left you "permagrinned"? :)