Sunday, July 12, 2009

All Cracked Up

This morning I woke up
craving an egg burrito
{a typical Sunday a.m. happening}
However, that craving came to
screeching halt
when I found this...
An entire dozen of frozen eggs.
It's kinda hard to tell in the pic, but there's a pool of ice around each of the eggs.
Some of them even cracked in the freezing process.
They're all frozen solid and can't be extracted cuz the ice has 'em trapped.
Hil-ar-i-ous!
I CRACKED UP laughing.
For the last couple of weeks,
I've had water drip down
from the freezer
and makes pools of water in the veggie compartment
soggy lettuce
no prob...
just an excuse not to eat it, right?
But frozen eggs...
seriously?
How often does that happen?
I think it's time
to crack down
and do some
serious fridge shopping.
Next question:
Side by side
or up down?
Any thoughts or opinions?

6 comments:

runningfan said...

Sorry about the fridge problem -- but the egg thing is VERY funny! I love side-by-sides...a gallon of milk in the door is awesome, and I like all the shelves in the freezer side. Good luck!

Shawni said...

THat is hilarious. I personally like the side by side only because you can get the water/ice dispenser in the door. I love that feature!! I hate making ice in ice trays, so unnecessary!

granny said...

I like my side by side too. Lovey love love having ice and water in the door, but it isn't life or death. Make sure if you get a side by side that the refrigerator side is wide enough to put a tray or cookie sheet in it. There are pluses and minuses for both. Really, though, it just has to keep food cold and meet your needs. Don't worry too much.

mtduckgirl said...

I agree with your granny on the idea of getting one that has a big enough fridge side to put in big things. Other than that, I might say an up and down, but I can see how a side to side would have its benefits.

Umm, the egg thing is Hi-la-rious!! Thanks for the pics. So what's the latest in life besides frozen eggs!!??

M said...

Pretty crazy about your frozen eggs. As far as a new fridge I really like the one my parents have. The fridge is two doors and the bottom half is the freezer. You still get to have the water and ice thing too. Also it has drawers on the side for milk and stuff. The freezer part has shelves that go back and forth which is nice when your searching for something. I feel like I'm trying to sell you something. Hopefully I did a good job. :)

joyous said...

Major bummer about the fridge. I've had eggs freeze before too, when they get pushed too far to the back. Opps! I vote side-by-side, it's my dream someday to own one. Or one with the freezer on the bottom and the fridge on the top!