Sunday, April 27, 2008

Signing My Life Away

As many of you know, I recently bought a house! It's such an awesome feeling to own your own home. A life long dream has finally been realized. i signed my life away last week. Ecrow will be closing tomorrow which means I'll finally be getting the keys...a momentous occasion! I seriously can't wait. I've learned a lot along the way. It's been so fun house hunting, but I ended up with the perfect house for me. It's got 3 bedrooms and 2 baths...just the right size. It's got a small little back yard...the key thing is that it will be low maintance...right now it's just dirt and weeds, but that'll change. I'm excited to try my non-existent greenthumb skills. There's even a community pool and a walking trail right behind the house. It's all around just right! I love it! Another major plus is that I'll be right around the corner from my oh so great cousin Angie and her fam. Wahoo!

I can't wait to decorate and get all moved in. Let's be honest...it'll be pretty bare for a bit, but...little by little things will get together. My couches will be arriving later this week. They're adorable, black leather with white stitching. I have my eye on a cute black, high/pub kitchen table.

I'd love to show ya around....

7 comments:

Keri said...

Congratulations! Take pictures so we can all see...once you get moved in, of course!

Koreena said...

Congrats on the house! How exciting! We've been trying to "sign our lives away" for awhile now, but haven't been lucky enough to find the right home. I'd love to see some pictures of it!

runningfan said...

Congrats - and happy birthday! We're hoping to follow in your home-ownership footsteps in the next ten days or so! HAve so much fun tomorrow!

Holly said...

woohoo amy!!!

angiedunn said...

Hey neighbor!

Love having you close. I agree...the perfect place. (:

Anytime you need a cup a sugar...I'm here for you babe...

Heather said...

Do you by any change live in an HOA neighborhood? That house looks like a small neighborhood my company just took over before I left AZ? What's the name of the neighborhood?

Candice said...

Congratulations! What exciting news.

I was so happy to get your e-mail and find out you have a blog. Now it will be easier to keep up to date on each other's lives!